File a Complaint

Please see sidebar for examples of what we can and cannot help you with. If the agency is not in our jurisdiction, the Ombudsman Office probably cannot help you except to refer you to the right place.

Complaint Form
Please fill out as much as you can and press Send below.

Name (Required):



Agency name(s):

Complaint (Required):

What resolution are you looking for?

What steps have you taken to resolve the problem with the agency? Please include names of people you have worked with and other offices you reported the complaint to.

Do you have a case number, license number, or other identifier with this agency? Please include it. If this is a complaint about the Department of Child Safety (Formerly known as CPS), please include the mother and children's names and birth dates.




We will have to identify who our complainant is in most cases, this means if you do not allow us to release your name to the agency we may not be able to help you resolve your complaint.


We CAN examine:

  • The decisions and acts of most state agencies
  • Public record and open meeting concerns involving:
    • State, counties, cities/towns
    • School districts
    • Political subdivisions
    • Special taxing districts
    • Any branch, department, board, bureau, commission, council, or committee of the before mentioned entities

We CANNOT examine:

  • Federal Agencies
  • Except in the case of public access:
    • Cities
    • Counties
    • School districts
    • Special districts
  • The Judicial Branch
  • Colleges and universities
  • Homeowner Associations (HOAs)
  • Private parties
  • Nonprofits
  • Companies/corporations
  • Long-term care facilities
    • Assisted Living Facilities
    • Nursing homes

Other Limitations

When we would otherwise have jurisdiction we do not review complaints in the following situations:

  • We cannot follow up on complaints from third party persons. This means a neighbor, a brother, or a concerned citizen cannot file a complaint on behalf of the person being effected by the problem without a power of attorney.
  • Arizona state law does not allow us to take complaints from, or on behalf of, Arizona Department of Corrections prisoners.
  • We do not look in to untimely complaints, where an unreasonable amount of time has passed since the issue at hand.
  • Arizona state law does not allow us to take complaints about elected state officials, their chief advisers, their agency attorneys, or the staff of the legislature.